Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon torn basil leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices olive baguette or loaf
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 4 DEVONDALE Mozzarella Cheese Slices, halved
- basil leaves, extra, to serve
- In a small bowl combine tomatoes, oil, vinegar and basil leaves. Season to taste.
- Toast bread under a preheated grill, on both sides until golden brown. Remove and rub the clove of garlic to infuse the bread. Top each toast with half a slice of mozzarella. Return to grill and cook until golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Arrange toasts on a serving platter and top with tomato salad. Serve immediately garnished with extra fresh basil leaves.
- If olive bread is unavailable, any flavoured or traditional baguette can be used.