Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 8 mini yellow corn tortillas, trimmed to fit jaffle maker
- 8 Devondale Tasty Cheese Slices
- 1 cup leftover cooked beef taco mince
- 1/3 cup bottled tomato salsa, plus extra to serve
- sour cream, to serve
- mashed avocado, to serve
1. Place one slice of Devondale Tasty Cheese on top of four of the tortillas. Top with taco mince, salsa, remaining cheese slices and tortillas to enclose.
2. Place in a preheated jaffle maker and close lid and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tortilla is golden brown. Serve warm with sour cream, extra salsa and avocado.
To make taco mince from scratch, simply brown beef mince with taco seasoning and canned kidney beans.
If yellow corn tortillas are unavailable, substitute white corn tortillas or mini flour tortillas.
- A round jaffle iron works well for these jaffles, but you can trim the tortillas to fit any jaffle iron.
- Save any tortilla offcuts and bake in the oven until crisp. They taste great crumbled into a salad or soup!