- 50g Devondale Butter, for greasing
- 3 Medium onions peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup Fresh chopped thyme leaves, stalks removed
- 400ml Devondale Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Sheets frozen short crust pastry
- 150g Devondale Colby Cheese, grated
- 2 tbs Thyme leaves, for garnish
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 180°C and prepare a 12 cup muffin tray by greasing with Devondale Butter.
- Add onions into a bowl with olive oil and freshly chopped thyme leaves. Mix well & season with salt and pepper.
- Spread onion mix out on a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes until soft and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, in a jug, lightly whisk together eggs & Devondale Cream.
- Using a 9.5cm ring cutter, cut out discs on the frozen pastry sheets and transfer into muffin tray holes
- Place a small amount of the cooked onion mixture into each tartlet, sprinkle with Devondale Colby Cheese, pour over the cream mixture and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the cream is set and the pastry is golden.