Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 50g Devondale Original Butter
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 485g jar creamy mushroom and white wine pasta sauce
- 375g packet fresh veal tortellini
- 6 Devondale Colby Cheese Slices
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and spinach and cook for 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and spinach has wilted. Stir in the pasta sauce and heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to packet instructions. Drain and toss through pasta sauce.
- Spoon pasta into a 30 x 20cm baking dish or six individual ramekins. Top evenly with a layer of cheese slices. Scatter top with pine nuts and rosemary. Cover with foil and bake at 180⁰C for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- This recipe can also use Devondale Light n' Tasty or Mild All Rounder Cheese Slices.
- If creamy mushroom and wine pasta sauce is unavailable substitute for your favourite brought creamy pasta sauce or alternatively make a homemade version using white sauce.
- For a stronger mushroom flavour use field mushrooms.