Serve 4 as a side dish or 2 as a main
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 150g macaroni pasta
- 2 rashers middle bacon, chopped
- 1 packet Devondale All Rounder Cheese Sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup Devondale Tasty All Rounder Shredded Cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried or panko breadcrumbs
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (approx. 8-10 minutes). Drain well and keep warm.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and add the bacon. Cook, stirring, until the bacon is crispy. Add the sauce, parsley, half of the shredded cheese and pasta and stir over low-medium heat until warmed through. Spoon into a 1 litre baking dish.
- Preheat grill to high. Sprinkle cheesy pasta with breadcrumbs and remaining cheese. Place under the hot grill and cook for 5-10 minutes or until topping is golden and crispy.
- Substitute the bacon for a small can of drained tuna and warm through with sauce.
- For a vegetarian option, substitute the bacon for sliced mushrooms.