Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 50-60 minutes
- 1 red capsicum, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 yellow capsicum, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 2 zucchini, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled and crushed with the side blade of a knife.
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups Devondale Full Cream Milk
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup instant polenta
- 50g Devondale Original Butter
- 7-8 Devondale Tasty Cheese Slices
- Arrange the vegetables in a 30 x 20cm baking dish, add oil, garlic, thyme salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast at 220⁰C for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are golden brown and cooked through. Remove garlic cloves and discard.
- Combine milk and stock in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Slowly pour in polenta, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low, whisk polenta vigorously for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir with a wooden spoon for 1 minute. Season to taste and stir in butter until melted. Pour over vegetables and top with Tasty Cheese Slices.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200⁰C and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- This recipe can also use Devondale Light n' Tasty or Mild All Rounder Cheese Slices.
- Any combination of vegetables suitable for roasting would work well in this recipe.
- This is a great way to use leftover roast vegetables. Simply pour the polenta over the already roasted vegetables.
- In a hurry, microwave the vegetables, with a splash of water, for 5-10 minutes, or until just tender, before transferring to the baking dish and oven baking until golden brown.