The seemingly simple pavlova is a difficult dish to get right, this technique will have an amazing result every single time. Place egg whites, caster sugar, corn flour and the secret ingredients - hot water and vinegar - into the mixer and mix for 10 minutes. It’s the kitchen hack of the Hot water and everything in the bowl at once makes this foolproof saving time and effort. Turn onto a tray and bake, cool and top with whipped Devondale cream and passion fruit.
Double ingredients for a larger Pav.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 ¼ cups caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven 140deg
- Put all ingredients in kitchen aid bowl, adding hot water last
- Whisk ten minutes on high speed. (Mixture should look shiny and hold stiff peaks)
- Line a large flat baking tray with baking paper and spoon meringue into centre of tray. Shape like nest using the back of your spoon
- Bake 1.5 hours on the middle shelf and allow to cool in oven. It should be crunchy on the outside and like marshmallow on the inside
- Top with Devondale ‘All Rounder ‘ thickened whipped cream and fresh fruit
Start diet tomorrow!