Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 4 medium chicken breast fillets, pounded with a mallet until an even thickness
- 1/4 cup instant polenta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 thin slices pancetta
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 4 Devondale Mozzarella Cheese Slices
- Coat the chicken breast in polenta until well covered. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook until browned. Remove and set aside. Clean pan and heat remaining oil. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes each side until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer chicken to a lined baking tray. Top with cooked pancetta, tomatoes, oregano and finish with a slice of mozzarella.
- Place under a preheated grill and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Veal schnitzel can be substituted for the chicken breast.
- If pancetta is unavailable substitute prosciutto or ham.
- If oregano is unavailable substitute with basil.