- 300g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp White sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 200ml Warm water
SPINACH AND PINE NUT FILLING
- 300g Baby spinach
- 100g Pine nuts
- 1 bunch Basil, whole leaves picked
- 150g Devondale Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 210°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift flour into the large bowl of a stand mixer then add yeast, sugar, salt and mix.
Add oil and water and mix for approximately 5 minutes until the dough is soft and elastic. Cover bowl with cling film and allow dough to prove in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
NOTE – If you do not have a stand mixer, knead all ingredients in step 2 until soft and elastic.
- Turn out the proved dough onto a lightly floured surface. Pat lightly into a 2cm disc. Cut into 8 equal portions. Roll each piece out to approx 10cm (diameter) round. Brush edges with water.
SPINACH & PINE NUT CALZONE
- Place raw spinach, pine nuts, basil and Devondale Shredded Mozzarella into a bowl and mix well.
- Place 2 tbs of the mixture evenly over one side of each calzone dough round.
- Fold over and crimp edges to seal.
- Cook on baking paper until pastry is golden – approx 20 minutes.