- 300g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp White sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 200ml Warm water
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Sweet paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 100g Pine nuts
- 100g Currants
- 3 tbs Tomato paste
- 300g Lamb mince
- 200g Devondale Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 210°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift flour into the bowl of a stand mixer then add yeast, sugar, salt and mix.
- Add oil and water and mix for approximately 5 minutes until the dough is soft and elastic.
Cover bowl with cling film and allow dough to prove in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
NOTE – If you do not have a stand mixer, knead all ingredients in step 2 until soft and elastic.
- Turn out the proved dough onto a lightly floured surface. Pat lightly into a 2cm disc.
- Cut into 8 equal portions. Roll each piece out to approx. 10cm (diameter) round.
- Fry onion and garlic with spices over a medium heat until soft and fragrant.
- Add pine nuts, currants, tomato paste and fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Place cooked mixture into a bowl with raw mince, season with salt and mix well.
- Place 2 tbs of the mixture evenly over one side of each calzone dough round.
- Sprinkle generously with Devondale Shredded Mozzarella.
- Fold over and crimp edges to seal.
- Cook on baking paper until pastry is golden – approx 20 minutes.