Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 4 large washed potatoes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped
- 425g can Mexican or chilli beans
- 1 packet Devondale Vintage Cheese Sauce
- 185g can corn kernels, drained
- pickled jalapeño chilli slices, to taste
- coriander leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Pierce skin of potatoes in several different places using a fork or skewer. Place potatoes on baking tray. Bake in oven for about 1 hour or until tender. Remove from oven and cut a 5cm deep cross into each potato. Press sides to open cross to hold filling.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan heat oil over medium heat. Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Add the beans to the frying pan and heat until warmed through.
- Heat sauce according to packet instructions. Place potatoes onto serving plates and fill with beans. Pour over warmed sauce, top with crisp bacon, corn, jalapeños and coriander.
- Try filling the potato with taco mince or chopped cooked chicken instead of beans if you prefer.
- Jalapeños can be purchased in jars from the Mexican section of the supermarket.
- To make this dish quicker, microwave the pierced potatoes on high heat for 8-12 minutes or until cooked through.