- 340g diced bacon
- 30g Devondale Our Dairy Soft One Butter
- 3 cups medium-diced leeks, washed and drained (about 3 leeks, white and light green parts only)
- 1/2 cup Devondale Full Cream Milk
- 1/2 cup Devondale Our Thickened Fresh Cream
- 1 cup Devondale Smooth Tasty All-Rounder Cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 Tsp ground nutmeg
- Cooking spray
- 2 packs frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed according to package directions
- Flour as needed for rolling out the dough
Makes Approx. 48 Mini
In a medium fry pan over a medium heat, cook the bacon until browned and crispy. Remove from pan to a plate lined with a paper towel. Melt Devondale Our Dairy Soft One Butter over a medium heat and cook the leeks, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
While the leeks cool, combine the Devondale Full Cream Milk and Devondale Our Thickened Fresh Cream, Devondale Smooth Tasty All-Rounder Cheese, eggs, egg yolks, thyme, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Add the cooled leeks and the bacon and stir to combine.
Cut rounds of the puff pastry and place into pre greased mini muffin trays. Pour mixture into the centre of each puff pastry round. Bake in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.