Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 8 thick Italian sausages
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Devondale Milk
- 1 cup instant polenta
- salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 packet Devondale Three Cheese Sauce
- caramelised onions or caramelised onion relish, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the sausages over medium heat for 10 minutes until well browned and cooked through. Transfer to a warm plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Bring the stock and milk to boil in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the polenta in a steady stream and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until soft and creamy. Season to taste. Heat sauce according to packet instructions.
- Pour polenta mixture onto a serving plate, pour over cheese sauce and top with sausages and caramelised onions.
- Caramelised onions can be purchased in the condiments section of the supermarket.