Once you have learnt the secret to making this chocolate sauce you will never buy from the store again! Place Devondale butter, cocoa powder and sugar and bring to the boil to make a thick toffee. Remove from the heat and add Devondale Cream (who would’ve thought!?) to make an all natural delicious chocolate sauce to add to whatever dessert you fancy.
Makes 2 cups
- 150gms Devondale Award Winning butter
- 250gms raw sugar
- 2 heaped tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup Devondale All Rounder cream
- Melt butter and sugar in a small pot. Cook over medium heat for about 3- 5 minutes until it emulsifies into a bubbly hay coloured foam
- Stir in cocoa. Remove from heat, stir in water and cream
- Return to heat and stir sauce for a few more minutes until it reaches a smooth silky consistency. Note: If its still not combining add more water and keep stirring until it’s smooth.
- Cool sauce for a few minutes to slightly thicken
- Delicious over ice-cream