Serves 4-6 as an appetiser
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 bunch baby carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 4 slices thick sourdough garlic bread
- 1 chorizo sausage, cut into slices
- 1 packet Devondale Vintage Cheddar Sauce
- Steam or microwave asparagus and carrots until just tender. Refresh in iced water.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and pan-fry garlic bread for 2-3 minutes each side until browned. Cut into cubes and keep warm. Add chorizo slices and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Heat sauce according to packet instructions. Pour warm sauce into a serving bowl and arrange on a platter with vegetables, chorizo and garlic bread for dipping.
- Use whichever seasonal vegetables you prefer for dipping in this fondue.
- For something more hearty, try dipping small cubes of cooked steak into the fondue!
- To change it up, try sprinkling chives, black pepper or mustard through the fondue.