Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup Devondale Colby Shredded Cheese
- 50g cold Devondale Butter, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of paprika
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup Devondale Colby Shredded Cheese, extra
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the flour, cheese, butter, salt, pepper and paprika in a food processor until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk to processor and mix until the dough comes together into a ball. Add up to 1 tablespoon water if the mixture is too dry.
- On a lightly floured bench, use a rolling pin to roll the dough until 5mm thick. Cut out biscuits into shapes with your favourite cookie cutters.
- Place biscuits on a baking paper lined baking tray and sprinkle with extra shredded cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool.
- Add sesame or poppy seeds to the mixture for something different.