Makes: 2 1/2 cups
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 2 cups Devondale Full Cream Long Life Milk
- 2 tablespoons Devondale Dairy Soft Spread
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup Devondale Tasty All Rounder Shredded Cheese
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- Place milk, dairy spread, flour and nutmeg (if using) into a cold saucepan all at the same time, then bring to the boil over medium heat whisking constantly until thick, smooth and glossy.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from heat and use as required.
- This simple sauce is used as a base for lasagne, macaroni and cheese, pasta bakes, anywhere where a white sauce is required.
- All ingredients can be doubled if using in multiple recipes.