- 115g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 185ml Devondale Full Cream Milk
- 1 egg
- 40g Devondale Smooth Tasty All-Rounder Cheese
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 30g Devondale Our Dairy Soft One Butter
- melted 2 x 200ml Devondale Our Light Sour Cream
- 100g sliced smoked salmon
Makes approx 36
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk together the Devondale Full Cream Milk and egg in a large jug. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, whisking constantly until a smooth batter forms. Add the Devondale Smooth Tasty All-Rounder Cheese and corn and stir until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush the pan with melted Devondale Our Dairy Soft One Butter to lightly grease. Place a teaspoon of batter into the pan, allowing room for spreading and repeat. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until small bubbles appear. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Place small spoonful’s of Devondale Our Light Sour Cream on top of the fritters and finish with a slice of smoked salmon.