Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 20g Devondale Original Butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 Devondale Colby Cheese Slices
- 150g hot smoked salmon, broken into chunks*
- 2 eggs, poached or fried
- Place frozen peas in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes, drain. Roughly crush with a potato masher. Stir in butter, mint, lemon rind and juice. Season to taste. Keep warm.
- Toast bread under a pre-heated grill on one side until golden brown, remove and spread uncooked side with mustard. Top with cheese slices. Return to grill for a further 2 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Place two slices of grilled cheese bread on each serving plate and top with salmon, egg and crushed peas. Serve immediately.
- This recipe can also use Devondale Light n' Tasty or Mild All Rounder Cheese Slices.
- Hot smoked salmon has a cooked appearance and comes packaged in fillets, where you would normally find smoked salmon in the supermarket. Substitute with regular smoked salmon or smoked trout.
- Crushed peas can be substituted with pan-fried mushrooms and spinach.