Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 onion (150g), peeled
- 600g desiree potatoes, peeled
- 500g pumpkin, peeled
- Devondale Original Butter, for greasing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Devondale Thickened Cream
- 8 Devondale Colby Cheese Slices
- Cut the onion, potatoes and pumpkin into 1-2mm thick slices.
- Butter a deep, 7-cup capacity microwave-safe baking dish. Layer vegetables, slightly overlapping, in prepared dish. Combine garlic and stock and season to taste. Pour over vegetables.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Carefully remove from the microwave. Pour over cream and top with Colby cheese slices. Bake in the oven at 200⁰C for 20-25 minutes or until cheese has browned and bake is bubbling. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe can also use Devondale Light n' Tasty or Mild All Rounder Cheese Slices.
- The pumpkin can be omitted and replaced with the same quantity of potatoes if desired. Sweet potatoes also work well in this recipe.