Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-18 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups self raising flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (80g) Devondale Dairy Soft spread, melted or 80g Devondale unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Devondale Full Cream Milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- finely grated rind of 2 limes
- ¼ cup (60g) Devondale Dairy Soft spread, extra
- finely grated rind of 1 lime, extra
- ¾ cup (90g) pure icing sugar, sifted
- strips of candied lime rind or desiccated coconut, for sprinkling
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, coconut and chocolate in a large bowl and stir well. Whisk together dairy soft, milk, eggs and lime rind and gently fold into the dry ingredients using a large metal spoon until only just combined. Take care not to over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 x 1/3 cup capacity paper lined muffin pans. Bake at 190°C for 15-18 minutes or until golden and cooked. Cool.
- Beat extra dairy soft and lime rind with an electric beater until pale and creamy. Gradually add the icing sugar beating well between each addition, until smooth and creamy. Spread over the muffins and decorate with strips of candied lime rind or coconut
Muffins are best made and enjoyed on the same day, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Muffins are equally delicious served without the icing, simply dust with icing sugar before serving.