Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 2 cups Devondale Full Cream Milk
- 1 large egg
- 50g Devondale Original Butter
- 400g fresh or frozen berries (eg. strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Devondale Thickened Cream, lightly whipped, for serving
- Sift flour, cocoa and sugar into a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and whisk in milk and egg until well combined. Use extra milk, if required to adjust the consistency of the batter until it is about as thick as porridge. A thick batter produces thick hotcakes, thin batter produces thin hotcakes.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick frypan over medium-low heat. Pour excess butter into pancake batter and briefly whisk to combine. Pour ¼ cup pancake mixture into frypan, cook for 2-3 minutes, until lots of bubbles form and begin to break. Flip hotcake and cook for 1 minute or until puffed and set. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Wipe out the frypan and add berries and syrup, stir over medium heat until it just comes to the boil and berries are warm. Spoon berries and syrup over the hotcakes and serve topped with cream.