Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped (reserve 1/4 of onion and slice, for topping)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon each ground coriander, chilli powder and smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 200g packet corn chips
- 1 packet Devondale All Rounder Sauce
- fresh coriander, to serve
- Devondale Sour Cream, to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until soft. Add spices and cook for a further 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add beef mince and cook, stirring with a spoon, until browned. Add canned tomatoes and 1 cup of water and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Heat sauce according to packet instructions. Arrange corn chips on a serving platter and top with warm beef mince. Pour over cheese sauce. Top with sliced red onion, coriander and sour cream.
- These nachos are great served with smashed avocado mixed with lime and chilli.
- You can substitute the spices with a taco or Mexican spice blend to save time.