Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 420g can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 sachet burrito seasoning
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 cups Devondale Colby Shredded Cheese
- 8 burrito wraps
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft and lightly browned. Add beef mince, cook for 5 minutes until browned, stirring with a wooden spoon to break it up. Add beans, burrito spice mix and 1 cup of water. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until sauce thickens and is warmed through.
- Lay out the burrito wraps on the bench and top evenly in the centre with warm beef. Top evenly with avocado and cheese. Be careful not to overfill the burritos, or you won’t be able to fold them up! Fold up all sides to enclose and secure with a toothpick or skewer.
- Preheat a sandwich press. Place burritos in the sandwich press and toast until golden brown and cheese has melted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving with tomato salsa.
- Alternatively you can serve the burritos without placing them in the sandwich press.
- For a vegetable kick, add 1 each of either grated carrot or zucchini to the beef mince after the beef mince has browned.
- For a vegetarian option, leave out the mince and add 500g quartered button mushrooms to the beans.