Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50-60 minutes
- 10 slices white bread, toast thickness
- 2 tablespoons Devondale Extra Soft Spreadable Butter
- 200g sliced double smoked leg ham
- 200g packet Devondale Tasty Cheese Slices
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Devondale Full Cream Milk
- 2 teaspoons English mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- Spread each slice of bread evenly with butter. Top half of the slices with ham and a slice of tasty cheese, then finish with remaining bread to make five sandwiches. Spread the tops of sandwiches with remaining butter and top with a slice of cheese. Trim crusts and discard. Cut sandwich into quarters. Arrange snuggly in a single layer into a 30cm x 20cm baking dish. Sprinkle with spring onions.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, mustard and herbs. Season to taste. Pour over the bread and allow to soak for at least one hour.
- Bake at 180⁰C for 50-60 minutes or until browned and centre is set. Serve warm.
- Substitute the ham for bacon. Fry until crisp and sprinkle over the top with the spring onions.
- This recipe also works really well with Devondale Colby Cheese Slices