Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 50g Devondale Original Butter
- 1 cup Devondale Tasty All Rounder Shredded Cheese
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Devondale Full Cream Milk
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Devondale Full Cream Milk, extra, for brushing
- Devondale Original Butter, extra, softened, for serving
- Combine flour and butter in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add cheese, chives, salt and pepper and pulse in 2 second bursts until just combined.
- Combine milk and mustard in a jug and pour into the food processor. Pulse in 2 second bursts until mixture just comes together into lumps.
- Turn onto a lightly floured bench and knead lightly only until just smooth. Pat mixture into a 3cm thick round. Using a floured 6-7cm round cutter, cut out scones. Alternatively cut into 10 squares using a sharp knife. Gently re-roll leftover dough and repeat cutting. Place scones on a baking paper lined tray and brush with milk.
- Bake at 220°C for 15-20 minutes or until well risen and browned. Wrap in a clean towel for 5-10 minutes to keep warm before serving with extra butter.