Prep Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
• 500g lean beef mince
• 1/2 cup Devondale Tasty All Rounder Shredded Cheese
• 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
• 1 tbsp each finely chopped parsley & mint
• 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
• 1 spring onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 2 tbsp Devondale Full Cream Long Life Milk
• olive oil spray, for cooking
• 8 mini bread rolls, halved
• 8 small butter or oak leaf lettuce leaves
• 8 small pieces roasted red capsicum
• 4 Devondale Tasty All Rounder Cheese Slices, cut in half diagonally
• 16 mini pickles (cornichons)
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 2 teaspoons American mustard
Combine mince, cheese, breadcrumbs, herbs, spring onion, garlic, seasoning and milk in a large bowl and mix well.
Form mixture into 8 burgers. Chill for at least 5 minutes.
Cook burgers in a lightly oiled non stick frypan or BBQ for 8-10 minutes over medium heat until cooked to your liking. Remove and rest for 5 minutes.
Top the bottom half of each roll with lettuce and capsicum, top with warm beef burgers and a slice of cheese, finishing with pickles. Combine
mayonnaise and mustard and spoon over burger. Cover with top half of the roll.
Secure with a decorative toothpick to hold in place and serve immediately.
For an Aussie twist, add sliced beetroot and/or egg to burgers, before serving. We used soft, glazed mini buns available at Asian bakeries, but any mini soft rolls will work for this recipe.