Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups firmly packed grated vegetables ( eg. pumpkin, zucchini, carrot, sweet potato)
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 rashers bacon, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Devondale Colby Cheese
- 2 tablespoons self raising flour
- 80g Devondale Original Butter, melted
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup Devondale Full Cream Milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine evenly.
- Pour mixture into a buttered and baking paper lined 20cm x 20cm ceramic baking dish or non-stick cake tin, stud with cherry tomato halves and bake at 180°C for 50-60 minutes or until golden and set. Rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Save time by grating the vegetables and cheese in a food processor.
- This slice is lovely served warm or cold. Try using small round cutters to cut into tiny rounds, or slice into small squares to serve as finger food.