Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 long (approx. 30cm) baguette or breadstick
- 60g Devondale Original Butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon picked fresh thyme leaves
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 Devondale Colby Cheese Slices, cut into quarters
- Cut bread into 2cm-thick slices without cutting all the way through.
- Combine butter, garlic and thyme in a bowl. Season with pepper. Spread mixture on the cut sides of bread slices. Place a quarter of a cheese slice between every cut. Wrap loaf in foil.
- Bake at 200⁰C for 12 to 15 minutes or until butter and cheese is melted and bread crisp. Serve warm.
- This recipe can also use Devondale Light n' Tasty or Mild All Rounder Cheese Slices.
- Alternatively use a jar of minced garlic instead of fresh garlic, if desired.
- Use fresh parsley or dried thyme instead of fresh thyme if desired.
- For an extra crunchy top, open foil to expose top of baguette and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon or so of minced chilli to the butter for a fiery kick.