Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 8 slices streaky bacon, cut in half
- 8 eggs
- 8 store-bought crêpes *
- 8 Devondale Tasty Cheese Slices
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- tomato relish, to serve (optional)
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crispy and well browned. Set aside. Return pan to heat and cook eggs, on both sides until just seared and holding their shape.
- Spread crêpes over a clean work surface. Place two of the bacon slices on one quarter of the crêpe and place the tasty slice on the adjacent quarter. Scatter with basil leaves. Fold the crêpe over to form a semi-circle enclosing the filling. Place the egg on top of the crêpe on the quarter with the bacon underneath. Fold over cheese quarter to enclose. Transfer crêpes carefully to a lined baking tray.
- Bake at 180⁰C for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve warm with tomato relish, if desired.
- * Crêpes are available either in the bakery section of the supermarket or the freezer section (defrost according to packet instructions)
- This recipe can also use Devondale Light n' Tasty or Mild All Rounder Cheese Slices.
- For a more substantial lunch option, serve with a green salad.
- Streaky bacon is the tail end of middle rashers. Alternatively, use 4 middle rashers and cut in half.