- 6 eggs
- 120g icing sugar, sifted
- 300ml Devondale All Rounder Thickened Cream
- 300ml Devondale Millk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 4 slices café style fruit loaf (we used Tip Top)
- 80g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 1 pear, peeled and cored, finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 160’C. Lightly grease a 20 x 15cm baking dish.
- Place the eggs, icing sugar, cream, milk, vanilla and mixed spice in a large bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- Butter the fruit loaf slices and cut into quarters. Arrange bread pieces into the baking dish, butter side up and then pour over the custard mixture. Make sure to not put bread too close together so you get lovely pockets of custard once cooked.
- Arrange the pear slices into between the bread and then scatter with the chocolate.
- Place the baking dish in a large roasting pan and pour enough boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish creating a water bath.
- Place pudding in the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until custard is just set. If the pudding begins to brown too quickly, cover with foil half way through cooking.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar.