Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 50g quinoa
- 1/2 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sprinkle of paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados, cut in half and stone removed
- 4 slices Devondale Tasty Cheese Slices
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions and cool. Combine with parsley, mint, tomatoes, onion, oil, lemon juice and paprika. Season to taste.
- Spoon quinoa salad into avocado halves. Top with a slice of tasty cheese. Place under a hot grill for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- This recipe can also use Devondale Light n' Tasty or Mild All Rounder Cheese Slices.
- For a delicious alternative, toast crusty bread and top with slices of avocado, quinoa salad and tasty cheese.
- If your avocado halves are a little unbalanced and won't sit straight on the tray - use a small amount of scrunched foil to make a small ring base for the avocado to sit in.
- Substitute quinoa for cous cous, if desired.